Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Top 5 of 2015

Peace OUT 2015! 
You were cool, and we had some great times, but much like the leftover holiday desserts in my fridge...it's time for you to go. It's also time to brush off those sequins and party hats for NYE! I don't know about you, but I fully intend to end the year with a bang, 100% Geller style.
Those moves were on point!

While we were home visiting with family and friends, I got asked the same questions over and over again; "So what have you been up to?", "How have you been?", "What's new with you!?" And I'd usually respond with an autopilot answer of "Oh you know, not much...". Which got me thinking, what HAVE we been up to? Honestly our life has kind of hit a plateau, a fantastically blessed plateau don't get me wrong, but I found it odd I couldn't think of anything remotely interesting to share about the last 12 months.

For those of you who've been reading this blog for a while now, know it's main purpose is a diary of sorts. A place to share our home updates with those who can't visit, random things I find wonderfully beautiful, crafts, food, art, and everything in between. So when I needed a reminded of the glory that was the year 2015, I knew THIS was the place to start.

After rounding up the posts with the top number of hits, I am proud to present:

#5 Eric's...I Mean OUR...Summer To-Do List 
Apparently you people REALLY wanted to know what Eric would be doing all summer. Truth time, we didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I'd hoped we would. But considering how often we were away since everyone and their brother decided to get married, it's all good. Plus our backyard has really stepped it up!
Giving that stupid little bathroom in our kitchen a makeover is on my list of Best Decisions Made This Year. Right above "downloading the Starbucks app" and "storing Go-Gurts in the freezer". It's been finished for months, and I still get excited when I open the door to go tinkle. 
#3 MAB Update - The Magical Powers of Paint 
Hands down my boldest color choice, and the coolest thing I've ever done to a wall. Paint pens, a couple hours, and lots of patients are all I needed to basically tattoo the bathroom with this uber glam floral pattern. 
#2 Trying the Tri: Three Events, Three Women, One Mission
Watching my mom and two aunts cross the finish line after completing a whole triathlon, will go down in history as one of the most memorable moments of my life. The amount of love, selflessness, and determination shared between those three women is inspirational.
and finally...

#1 My Fitness Journey
Oh this post. I seriously can't tell you how many times I considered scrapping the whole thing in the midst of writing. But because I'm surrounded by beautiful people, with beautiful souls, and am incredibly blessed that those people care and support me, all feedback was 100% positive. I just wanted to give someone the push in the right direction they needed, assure them it's NOT impossible, and encourage living a healthier lifestyle. If that was true for even just one person, I'd mark it down as a victory! 

I'd like now say THANK YOU to each and every one of you who take the time to read this blog. It may seem like nothing particularly special, and compared to the thousands upon thousands of visits other sites get, it's pretty miniscule. But the thing is, it's special to me. And whether 10 people or 10,000 people read what I have to say, it makes no difference. I have a passion to create, Soliloquy by Bethany is one of my creations, and I can't wait to see where 2016 takes us.

So I'll say it again, THANK YOU. May you have a spectacular finale of 2015, and endless hopes and dreams for the upcoming year. 

Love, 
Bethany 

1 comment:

mollybsu1986 said...

You are amazing with unbelievable talent. I love to read your writings and see your creations.