Sunday, August 10, 2014

The World's Longest Yard Sale

This weekend was 127 Yard Sale weekend! 
For those of you who don't know, every summer thousands of people clean out their closets and gather their unwanted possessions to set up shop along the 690 miles of State Route 127. From Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama individuals from all over come together to look, buy, sell, and find that one treasure they've always been searching for! 
This year, my friends and I started just over the river in Covington, KY and kicked off our morning in MainStrasse. 
I really wanted to bring home this adorable little elephant so I could spray paint him a bright color like the one Kristen F. Davis featured on her blog. If he wasn't priced $45 I very well would have too. 
Heeeelloooo incredible Starbucks sign. THIS is the type of neon that Eric ACTUALLY needs in his "man cave". 
You many have noticed, I'm slightly attracted to vintage signs and typography. 
And speaking of type! Take a look at this beauty: 
I didn't even look at the price, my heart my have stopped. 
I ended up not come home with the giant haul I imagined I would, but I did pick up this Canadian whisky mirror for Eric. I think the black and red detailing will look great with all of his Cincinnati Red's memorabilia. 
Funny enough, even though we were gone for over 6 hours, we ended up only getting as far South as Florence, KY (about 30 min from our starting point). Apparently time disappears, as well as your money, while shopping the world's longest yard sale. 

No comments: