Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Teal Transformation

Before I get into the meat of this post, I want to again thank everyone who came to our house "cooling" party over the weekend. It was such a fun night and I am still just tickled so many of you took the time to visit our home! We're so lucky to have such great family and friends, love you all!  

OK, back to business.
A few months ago, Eric and I picked up these Rast chest from IKEA for our bedroom. I wanted matching nightstands, and the extra storage these provide is an added bonus. 
Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone, and soon started formulating a plan to give these unfinished dressers a glam new look. 
The paint color I chose was Beta Fish by Behr. I fell head-over-heels for this deep teal and knew it would be perfect in our bedroom. 
The whole process was easy enough, and took 3 coats of high-gloss paint to get the coverage I was looking for. 
Since I knew I wanted to swap out the wooden knobs the dresser came with for something a bit prettier, I filled the holes and sanded everything down nice and smooth before painting. 
These little beauties came from the Ohio Valley Antique Mall. I LOVE looking at the vintage hardware they have, and I was able to snag a 20 count bag of these pulls for only $8! 
Before and after! Another example of the incredible power of a fresh coat of paint. 
These bring a smile to my face every time I walk into our bedroom. This space is now another step closer to looking like the mood board I shared in our last bedroom post
I think the next project in here will be to tackle that stenciled wall. Honestly, I have no idea how that will go, I've never done any wall stenciling before. But hey! There's a first for everything.  :) 

No comments: