Friday, April 4, 2014

MK Originals

Hello everyone! 
I want to dedicate this post to one incredibly special woman,  and show a few examples of her amazing skill! 
For as long as I can remember, my grandmother has been a maker of beautiful things. Whether it was knitting an afghan, working with dried flowers, playing a musical instrument, or painting illustrations on boxes, baskets, and miniature birdhouses. She is a true creative soul, and is always willing to share that passion with us. Growing up, visits to our grandparent's usually included learning how to count stitches, playing the piano, painting in old t-shirts, and of course watching Jeopardy and raiding the cookie drawer. 

One of Grandma's specialties is making jewelry. These "MK Originals" have become some of the most cherished pieces in my jewelry box, and I know all of my cousins and aunts feel the same way. No matter who she is creating the jewelry for, she always seems to capture that person's style perfectly. 
She also made all of the jewelry for my wedding. Along with all of the earrings for my bridesmaids and flower girl, she created this incredibly beautiful purple statement necklace which I am STILL obsessed with. 
Bottom line, Grandma Marilyn K is a rock star. 
We love her endlessly, and are always so thankful for the beautiful things that come from her hand as well as her heart. 
:) 

No comments: