Thursday, April 17, 2014

Craigslist Browsing Through Cincy

OK, so I apologize for the hiatus. Eric and I have actually been pretty busy lately...just not with anything worth sharing. Not that we're boring people! We've just been out and about, and all the projects I have just aren't quite ready yet. 

A few thing that HAVE happened (to prove we're not just sitting on our butts)
  • Had a FANTASTIC birthday week featuring multiple dinners with my favorite people ever! 

  • Removed the random bars from our stairs 
  • Found a taller end-table for our living room 
  • Hung curtains in our bedroom
Never underestimate how curtains can finish the look of a room.
  • Bought these dressers to use as bedside tables, which I talked about here
  • Went to Miss Kim's promenade 
Someone explain to me who this beautiful young woman is, and where my baby sister went. 
and finally...
  • Finished a curtain for our kitchen!

We've been trying super hard to find the time to finish the second one, but hey 50% done

Something I have found time for though is Craigslist browsing! If you read my blog at all, you already know my love affair with Craigslist. One man's trash is truly another man's treasure, and if you can keep an eye out for good bones and clean lines, you are destined to discover a beautiful piece among the chaos. 

Here are a few winners that I've spotted in the Cincinnati area. 
I've included some links, but you never know how long these listings are going to last, early bird gets the worm!
$40 for this beauty of a desk/bureau. Check out those champaign details and hardware, swoon! I want this so bad. I'm envisioning the frame painted white, but the drawers kept the natural wood for a dramatic contrast.
You can always find a decent china cabinet on Craigslist. This one is $250, but for it's size that's a great price. The lattice detail on the front makes this one unique, as well as those beautiful pulls on the drawers. You could paint this puppy a vibrant accent color or keep the wood as is. 
Another little vintage desk, this one also $40. I love the brass handles and the lines running across the top. 
$20 bucks for this dresser. Look at all those drawers! Clean lines, adorable feet, and super funky hardware! 
If you can reupholster, or know someone who can, the possibilities of mind-blowing FABULOUSNESS are absolutely infinite with this 6-piece living room set. $700 could get you a couch, love seat, sofa seat, two side tables, and a coffee table. If you're feeling bold, just envision  a playful fabric all over the seat with a nice accent color framing it all out. The mix of modern and classic could be incredible. 
Got a mudroom that tends to collect everything and anything you drop at the door? These industrial style lockers could be the key to organization success! $125 for a set of three. 
I've been on a bamboo kick lately, and these $25 chairs are just the ticket. Looks like you could easily recover those cushions, and if you like maybe give the wood a bright coat of new paint! Throw an adorable pillow on each and this pair is looking snazzy! 
I honestly don't think you can go wrong with brass. Give it a little elbow grease (or lemon juice and baking soda) to shine this bad boy up, and for $100 you've got a STUNNING bed frame

Do you have something from Craigslist that you've overhauled and made your own? 

In other news;  I'm working on giving my blog a little makeover, we'll see how it goes.  
AND this is my 100th post! Woooo!!! *throws mini batch of confetti* 

Be sure to have a wonderful Easter! 

No comments: